Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Donkey's back....Donkey's back!!!

As you may know,
we have a donkey that lives
in our neighborhood.
He is just a boarder
but we all see him as
one of our own!
Over a week ago,
I watched, helplessly,
as donkey ran away.
I was upset to see him go.
More for Emily than for myself.
Emily is very fond of the donkey.
He is often her sounding board, her confidant.
I never told Emily that the donkey was gone.
The call came yesterday
from our "Golden neighbor",
"donkey's back!"
Sure enough.....here he was,
standing there as if he had never left.
I rolled down my window
to take a picture and welcomed him back.
As if he recognized my voice,
donkey brayed and ran over to the fence.
He looked as if he was saying...
"Hey I'm back, I've missed you"
Looking into those big brown eyes
really made me smile..............

No comments:

Post a Comment