Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another pet?.....Do I have to feed this one too?

Remember the inchworm
I wrote about last week?
Apparently it had a friend.....
I was fixing fresh oregano tonight,
for my Italian meatloaf,
when my fingers felt something.....weird.
First I thought it was a spider nest......yuk,
but on closer inspection,
I saw that it was a chrysalis,
complete with worm....larva...green thing inside.
How truly beautiful is that?
I have never seen one this closeup before.
The girls thought it was pretty cool.
You hear of them in school,
see pictures in books
but here was a real live chrysalis,
right in our own kitchen.
So we decided to put the whole branch
in a clear glass jar and wait for spring.
I don't think it needs anything at this point,
except air, (which we provided).
Just hanging out, waiting for "the change".
I'll have to research this
and make sure I don't have to feed it or something.
As questionable as it all was
while I was cooking dinner,
and as much as I wanted
to just throw it down the disposal,
Just get rid of it,
waiting for a lifeform to transform
before our eyes,
now that has to make you smile.......

No comments:

Post a Comment