Don't you love
"Old Wives Tales"?
"Old Wives Tales"?
They usual prove to be true,
which is why they have endured
the test of time.
Meet the Wooly Bear, also known as Wooly Worm,
weather predictor......
I had never really noticed these little guys before,
sure I had seen them,
but this year they seem to be all over
and in great quantities.
The other night on the 6 O'clock news,
the meteorologist was relating a story
about our friend the Wooly Bear.
The legend is that the width of the brown stripe
predicts how the winter will be.
A wide brown stripe means a mild winter,
a narrow one, a harsh winter.
Problem is I can't tell if this years Wooly Bear
sports a wide or narrow stripe.
I looks about even with the black stripes.
So we will have to wait and see, I suppose.....
and keep smiling.... no matter what the weather brings....
No comments:
Post a Comment